Essential Piano Technique - Primer A: Hop, skip and jump
Penelope Roskell, author of the award-winning book The Complete Pianist, is recognized as one of the world’s leading exponents of a natural and healthy piano technique. Her series Essential Piano Technique draws on the principles of The Complete Pianist to develop a strong foundation of healthy technique, helping young pianists to progress rapidly and confidently through the early stages of piano playing.
- Can be used by beginner pianists alongside existing tutor books to enhance the teaching of good technique
- Includes detailed notes for teachers, giving learning objectives and teaching tips
- Links to free videos show technique in practice
- Fun activities, illustrations and imaginative original music throughout
- Teacher accompaniment duets provide a rich musical experience
Penelope Roskell is a Professor of Piano and Piano Pedagogy at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London. She is a world-leader in the field of healthy piano playing, and Piano Adviser to the British Association for Performing Arts Medicine. Her award-winning book, The Complete Pianist, is the leading book on healthy piano technique. As a soloist she has performed in major concert halls in more than thirty countries.
Primer A: from the first lesson to legato and staccato
Primer B: from dynamics to scales and broken chords
Level 1: from hands-together to Grade 1