Grade by Grade Oboe, Grade 1 (incl. Online Audio)
|Forlag||Boosey and Hawkes|
|Serie||Grade by Grade|
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others.
Carefully selected by Janet Way, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 1 oboist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
- 19 pieces & short studies, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
- grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
- brand new sight-reading activities
- newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
- a piano accompaniment booklet
- Full performance demonstrations, piano accompaniment tracks and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources available to stream or download.
Janet Way is an experienced performer and teacher. She is a tutor for the LRAM woodwind teaching course at the Royal Academy of Music, and has worked as a mentor and diploma examiner for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music. She is founder and director of the internationally-acclaimed Oxford Flute Summer School.
C.W. Gluck: Chorus from "Paris and Helen"
Anon: English Jig
G.A. Hinke: Tone Productuion Study
Traditional Hungarian: In our Village
A. Marks: Upstairs, Downstairs
C. Norton: Tipping it Down
K. Jenkins: Cantilena from "Adiemus"
V. Gray: Pendulum
H. Purcell: Minuet
Traditional Brazilian: Mama Paquita
J. Way: Creative Reflection
B. Bartók: Dialogue
Traditional Welsh: Ffigysbren
H.J. Long: Spooked
F. Bolton: Hay-Fork Dance
K. Street: Lazy Afternoon
N. Chédeville: Fanfare
Traditional English: Three Blind Mice
Traditional French: Frère Jacques
Scale Spot (G Major, E Minor, F Major, D Minor) - Sight-Reading