Grade by Grade - Trumpet (Grade 2)
|Forlag||Boosey and Hawkes|
|Serie||Grade by Grade|
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others.
Carefully selected by Janet Way, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 2 trumpeter and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
- 19 pieces & short studies, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
- grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
- brand new sight-reading activities
- newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
- a piano accompaniment booklet
- Full performance demonstrations, piano accompaniment tracks and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources available to stream or download.
Janet Way is an experienced performer and teacher. She is a tutor for the LRAM woodwind teaching course at the Royal Academy of Music, and has worked as a mentor and diploma examiner for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music. She is founder and director of the internationally-acclaimed Oxford Flute Summer School.
K. Jenkins: Cantilena from "Adiemus"
Traditional Brazilian: Mama Paquita
Henry VIII: Helas Madame
J. Way: Creative Reflection
C. Morgan: Away from Home
S. Prokofieff: Troika from "Liutenant Kijé"
Traditional Estonian: Estonian Round
M. Praetorius: Tanz des Burgermeisters
Traditional Welsh: Men of Harlech
C. Barratt: Hampton Swing
C. Norton: Football Game
I. Lowes: Riff Raff
Traditional Kenyan: Sisi Watoto tu Wakenya
J. Clarke: The Emperor of Germany's March
P. Warlock: Basse-Dance
Traditional English: Pool's Hole
C. Morgan: Imaginery Dancer
L. Janácek: Two Moravian Folk Songs
N. Chédeville: Fanfare
Scale Spot (A Minor, D Major, D Minor, Bb Major)